In The Red
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In The Red

If your not In The Red, what are you waiting for.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New GTR Video and pics

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
o MANIC o

o MANIC o

New GTR Video and pics Empty
PostSubject: New GTR Video and pics   New GTR Video and pics I_icon_minitimeSat 27 Oct - 6:52:00

Ok so i found a video of the new GTR going hell for leather around Nurburg Ring Check it out 7:38.05 or something like that. What a weapon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGe_fyhQazg

Also Check out the pictures of the best car ever made!!!!

http://www.automobilemag.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0601_nissan_skyline_gt-r/index.html

Have fun and remember to wipe your drool
Back to top Go down
TMM Switch

TMM Switch

PostSubject: Re: New GTR Video and pics   New GTR Video and pics I_icon_minitimeSun 28 Oct - 3:06:34

I'm sure it will be a weapon but at 1720kg it is a fat biatch!!!! Nissan still havent learnt the error of the ways with the ATTESA AWD system. The bitch has always been the problem in GTR's and it will always be. Sure its a brill looking car and will get all the ricers creaming their pants but for fucks sake, if Nissan want to be taken seriously when they say its a supercar they need to get their heads screwed on properly.

Here are a few stats that I have compiled:

Nissan GTR 352kw 1720 kg 204Kw per tonne

Ferrari 430 360kw 1450 kg 248kw per tonne

997 Turbo 357kw 1588 kg 224kw per tonne

C6 Z06 373kw 1420 kg 263kw per tonne

Ford GT 410kw 1588 kg 258kw per tonne

So as you can see the cars that they are pitching the GTR against are still in a totally different league. The only major difference is the price on all the cars except for the C6, which is comparative to the rumoured asking price of the GTR. Once again the ATTESA system has screwed them over again.
Back to top Go down
TMM TOM1111

PostSubject: Re: New GTR Video and pics   New GTR Video and pics I_icon_minitimeSun 28 Oct - 3:09:06

but the GTR has the lap times to back up the talk switch
im pretty sure its in the top 10 fastest production cars around the ring
Back to top Go down
Groomy

PostSubject: Re: New GTR Video and pics   New GTR Video and pics I_icon_minitimeSun 28 Oct - 3:32:08

7:11 - McLaren F1
7:15 - Porsche 996 GT2 RS
7:28 - Pagani Zonda F
7:28 - Porsche Carrera GT
7.32 - Porsche 997 GT2 2008
7:34 - Koenigsegg CCR
7:38 - Nissan GT-R
7:40 - Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren
7:40 - Porsche 997 Turbo
7:40 - Bugatti Veyron
7:41 - Manthey Porsche GT3 M410
7.42 - Corvette Z06
7:42 - Porsche 997 GT3
7:42 - Ford GT, 550
7:43 - Lamborghini Murcielago
7:44 - Pagani Zonda S

Not sure how accurate that is though.
Back to top Go down
o MANIC o

o MANIC o

PostSubject: Re: New GTR Video and pics   New GTR Video and pics I_icon_minitimeSun 28 Oct - 8:20:58

Those times seem right to me. Switch i know you mentioned they price, but have a look at the cars that are above the GTR in those times then have a look at how much any of those cars will cost to get on the track, or the road for that matter. I know which one i'd get if i had the money, Hands down it would be the GTR even if i could afford the $500,000.00 + for the some of the others. It would still be no competition in my mind. Then on top of that wait till the aftermarket parts hit the streets for the Nissan. Not too much in the way of upgrades for a ferrari!!!
Back to top Go down
TMM Switch

TMM Switch

PostSubject: Re: New GTR Video and pics   New GTR Video and pics I_icon_minitimeSun 28 Oct - 11:45:34

As for the aftermarket there one be much for it coz it wont be a mass market car. At $250,000+ it is not a joe blow car like the old R31-34. The nurburgring time is quick sure enough but you can buy a Radical SR8 for under $200k and it holds the outright record with a 6:46ish. See I guess the thing that I dont like about this car is that they have alienated the average punter and attempted to elevate themselves to the level of exotics which by any means nissan is not. They have taken the soul out of the car by flicking the RB straight six for the VQ Vee 6. This car my friends is a car that will not be remembered as a true GTR. In 10 years this car is still going to be too expensive for the boy racer wannabes to afford like the current cars today. In one foul swoop Nissan has created a wonderful technical mastepiece yet has sullied the iconic GTR in the same swing. Now If Mitsubishi could make a viable case for a Evo supercar that will be something to yell about from the rooftops.

Ohh and just on the tuner note take a look at the gemballa gt650 evo or the gemballa avalanche GTR. 3.5 secs to 100km/h and a 360km/h top speed. They are the ultimate tuner cars.
Back to top Go down
TMM TOM1111

PostSubject: Re: New GTR Video and pics   New GTR Video and pics I_icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct - 9:52:25

where are you getting your info from switch
in japan the car is under 80k aus
in australia the top model will be 150k

the japs will go crazy with aftermarket parts and we will import them
Back to top Go down
o MANIC o

o MANIC o

PostSubject: Re: New GTR Video and pics   New GTR Video and pics I_icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct - 11:46:19

TMM TOM1111 wrote:
where are you getting your info from switch
in japan the car is under 80k aus
in australia the top model will be 150k

the japs will go crazy with aftermarket parts and we will import them

Thanks TOMM someone is switched on. The japs will go crazy for this car and aftermarket parts for this car will be a dime a dozen in 6 months, Swtich you need to think man.... A well looked after late model R-34 will still set u back $80,000 - $90,000 TODAY so this is by no means a (joe blow) car either. As for your estimation of $250,000 for the V-35 your way off the mark there everything i've seen says $120 - $150,000 for a brand spanka while i agree it's nothing to sneeze at, it's still better than $350,000 plus for anything else that will get close to it. MARK MY WORDS this will be an iconic car and i wouldn't at all be surprised to see that showroom quality cars will start to go up in value after a few years. One thing that i do agree with is that it's a damm shame they have scrapped the RB26. But times change my friend, the guys at nissan think this is an improvement, i guess only time will tell!!!!
Back to top Go down
o MANIC o

o MANIC o

PostSubject: Re: New GTR Video and pics   New GTR Video and pics I_icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct - 11:50:00

Also i have to add Since the cars original release with the R-32 it's been all mitsubishi and subaru can do to catch up. Ask any jap these two cars were brought out to compete with the nissan and have NEVER been up to the mark
Back to top Go down
TMM TOM1111

PostSubject: Re: New GTR Video and pics   New GTR Video and pics I_icon_minitimeTue 30 Oct - 5:21:22

yeah it definately will be an iconic car and we can look forward to a V-spec in the future
suposedly lighter and more power What a Face What a Face

i'd say this technolgy will be the base for future GTRs like the R32 was for 33 and 34

i definately wont be stupid enough to line one up in my xr6T and if i was cashed up i would buy one in a heartbeat
Back to top Go down
o MANIC o

o MANIC o

PostSubject: Re: New GTR Video and pics   New GTR Video and pics I_icon_minitimeTue 30 Oct - 7:19:15

With u there TOMM. For now though i'm happy with my R33-GTST it does the job good and proper. LONG LIVE SKYLINES Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TMM Switch

TMM Switch

PostSubject: Re: New GTR Video and pics   New GTR Video and pics I_icon_minitimeTue 30 Oct - 7:36:19

o MANIC o wrote:
Also i have to add Since the cars original release with the R-32 it's been all mitsubishi and subaru can do to catch up. Ask any jap these two cars were brought out to compete with the nissan and have NEVER been up to the mark

Hmmm thats a new one. Both the Evo and Sti are essentially homologation specials. In order for Mitsu and Subaru to enter the WRC group A thay had to have a car that was based on a production model. Thats how we get the two cars.

Evo's were always more than a capable against 32/33/34 generation Skylines. At the moment Mitsubishi has the most capable AWD system in the world and it weighs less than the ATTESA. The mitsubishi is a sedan and there is also a massive gap in price. Add Bigger tyres and a few more herbs and the Evo will easily match the GTR and all from 2litres!!
Back to top Go down
Groomy

PostSubject: Re: New GTR Video and pics   New GTR Video and pics I_icon_minitimeTue 30 Oct - 9:00:19

o MANIC o wrote:
With u there TOMM. For now though i'm happy with my R33-GTST it does the job good and proper. LONG LIVE SKYLINES Very Happy

Almost on the money, not a fan of the 33's but long live the RB! (spefically the 25 variety as i have a rb20 in my s13 atm, and a 25 sitting next to it waiting to go in Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
TMM TOM1111

PostSubject: Re: New GTR Video and pics   New GTR Video and pics I_icon_minitimeTue 30 Oct - 9:03:05

nice man
what kind of power are your cars making
Back to top Go down
Groomy

PostSubject: Re: New GTR Video and pics   New GTR Video and pics I_icon_minitimeTue 30 Oct - 9:13:00

the 20 is only making 174rwkw atm Sad, but when the 25 goes in, ive already got a few bits bought for it (injectors, PowerFC, Cams), juz waiting on money for Plenum and GT3071R so i can re-do my piping proply. Hoping for around 270-280rwkw with it, ill look at going bigger when the bottom end goes bang Razz Hello RB30 bottom end, frankenstein RB FTW!
Back to top Go down
TMM TOM1111

PostSubject: Re: New GTR Video and pics   New GTR Video and pics I_icon_minitimeTue 30 Oct - 9:15:57

man that will be wickid
my xr6t makes 268rwkw and the 4l six is a torque monster so i will be getting my auto rebuilt to cope
Back to top Go down
Groomy

PostSubject: Re: New GTR Video and pics   New GTR Video and pics I_icon_minitimeTue 30 Oct - 9:24:23

TMM TOM1111 wrote:
man that will be wickid
my xr6t makes 268rwkw and the 4l six is a torque monster so i will be getting my auto rebuilt to cope
Get a manual swap, lots more fun Razz
Back to top Go down
TMM TOM1111

PostSubject: Re: New GTR Video and pics   New GTR Video and pics I_icon_minitimeTue 30 Oct - 10:30:03

manual is to slow off the line
and the conversion to a six speed manual would cost a lot of $$$$$$$$$
Back to top Go down
TMM Switch

TMM Switch

PostSubject: Re: New GTR Video and pics   New GTR Video and pics I_icon_minitimeTue 30 Oct - 12:10:58

What year model is your falcon Tom?? Do you have the ZF auto? My mate has a worked Typhoon pumping 340 odd Kw at the rear wheels, and the ZF loves it. Good for 12's on street tyres.
Back to top Go down
TMM TOM1111

PostSubject: Re: New GTR Video and pics   New GTR Video and pics I_icon_minitimeFri 2 Nov - 8:57:12

mines a BA so no zf six speed for me Sad
mines a 4speed and hopefully i can get 300kw out of it next year then that will do me

i would think 340kw in a auto would be good for a 11
a guy i know got a 12.1 in a manual with 350kw

although if the six speed was modded a while ago it wont have the new software for the gearbox and previosly the ZF was untunable and they were slow off the line
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New GTR Video and pics   New GTR Video and pics I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New GTR Video and pics
Page 1 of 1